Now that January’s 850 days are finally over (why is January so long?), I thought I’d review my favorites for the month. As always, the categories include food, clothing, product, media, and Annabeth.
- Breakfast Bowls. This is our super simple go-to meal on busy weeknights and it’s a crowd pleaser. We scramble up eggs, fry some thick-cut bacon, and build a mountain with the breakfast goodies + avocado, cheese, sour cream, and fresh salsa. Annabeth goes nuts for breakfast bowls and we’ve added this into our weekly rotation (usually on Tuesday nights since those are especially busy).
- Siete Grain-Free Chips. We’re about 98% grain-free in our household. I say 98% because the occasional cheat happens (yesterday we had Bojangles biscuits for breakfast and it was glorious). This means no chips and salsa which is just kind of sad. These grain-free chips are so good. I sneak them in my bag when we go out for Mexican food and we eat them as a guilt-free snack with Daddy’s homemade salsa in the afternoons. Grain-free life is not easy…in fact, it can be downright inconvenient. Regardless, I feel and look my best when I don’t have grains in my system (and the patches of eczema that have cropped up thanks to yesterday’s cheat are proof that cheats need to be few and far between!). These chips are great and make life easier.
- UA Recovery Gear. Just before Christmas, Josh did a leg workout that was so above and beyond what he normally does that he was complaining about it for days. I love him, but the man can stub his toe and be incapacitated for a week. I was annoyed at him hobbling around our home for days on end because of a choice he made, so in a majorly passive aggressive move, I researched recovery sleepwear to put in his stocking. It’s pricey, but I found some on Amazon on a Deal of the Day and you can also find it at TJ Maxx or Marshall’s pretty readily. My passive aggressiveness paid off because those doggone things actually work. I don’t understand the science behind it, but if it keeps man flu symptoms from entering my home, I’ll pay any price.
- Nalgene Bottles. Not really clothing, but I always have a Nalgene in my hand, so I’d consider it an accessory. I try to drink at least two Nalgene bottles of water during my work day and one in the afternoon/evening. We both have Nalgene bottles that we picked up at our favorite store in the mountains, but you can find them pretty much anywhere. They have a lifetime warranty–last summer my brother’s lid shattered and Nalgene immediately replaced it (the bottle was at least five or six years old).
- Kristin Ess for Target. The woman behind Lauren Conrad’s amazing hair has a whole line of haircare products at Target and they smell divine. I’ve been using her purple shampoo for about a month now and I’m truly obsessed with it–I only wash my hair once a week so I need whatever product I use to be with me for the long haul and it does the trick. I’m hoping to pick up some more of her stuff to try especially since Josh is so in love with the scent.
- Jade Roller. I turned thirty last year and have since become a slave to my skin. I’m all for aging gracefully, but the Lord invented products to make that a little easier. I drink tons of water, avoid sugar and grains, and use a quality line of skincare products, but this jade roller is so great for working my lotions, potions, and serums into my skin and it feels so good. I keep mine in the freezer and roll it up my neck towards my hairline and it instantly takes care of any puffiness. I feel like it would also be great to use for headaches.
- Mary Poppins Returns. I loved it so much I saw it twice in theaters. I love Emily Blunt and I feel like she did the role justice. It was super touching and the music was fantastic.
- Make Something Good Today. This book was so good. I cried and laughed and read parts aloud to Josh and then cried some more. I love watching Hometown because Erin and Ben Napier seem so genuine and this book only solidified that. If you live in a small town (like me) and want your little corner of the world to be a better place, definitely pick this up.
- Castles & Crowns. If you have known me for more than five seconds, you know I’m 100% traditional and also 100% extra. Shopping for smocked outfits for Annabeth is one of my favorite things to do. I discovered Castles & Crowns late last year and I have been so happy with the quality and with the prices of their products. Seriously, y’all, they have SUCH good sales! Josh was pretty resistant to smocked clothing until he saw a toddler who was dressed like a teenager, so now he’s all on board. If you’re in the market for something sweet, give this brand some love!
- Buddies. Shocker: our kid is obsessed with Disney. Most toddlers are, but Annabeth didn’t really stand a chance. There will be no Dreamworks or other off brand stuff in our home–it’s Disney or bust. My mom discovered these Disney play sets at Disney World last fall and they’ve become some of Annabeth’s favorite toys. I think she likes them because they fit in her little hands and she can hide them all over the place. She calls them her “buddies” and it’s super sweet. We pick up a set each time we head down to Disney World, but you can also find them online.
What are your favorites this month? Did you also feel like January was 1,000 days long?
PS: I’m still so happy with all of our Grove products. If you haven’t yet, be sure to use this code for FIVE free products (including lots of Mrs. Meyer’s stuff)!
PSS: Did you have pretty weather last week where you live? It was amazing to have 80 degree weather in February!